Wednesday 15 June 2011

A bit of a rant......

Well I'm afraid this post is going to be a bit of a rant. So what has got my blood pressure up this time? The proposed industrial strike action.

My union has called for a strike on the 30th and I've decided I'm going to answer the call. Why? What has galvanised me into action? The attitudes of government ministers that's what.

Basically they want me to work longer, pay over £100 a month more into my pension and at the end they'll give me less. Now we all get that the country has financial problems - but are the big wigs in the city facing such cuts? Err no.... What about MP's with their expense accounts? Oooo surprise surprise they're not loosing out either.

Then the cherry on the cake is the thinly veiled accusations and threats being made against us if we decide to strike. We're threatening the education of the countries youth if we do apparently. You know I don't remember agreeing to giving up my rights when I decided to go into a profession where I work to help others. I'm still a human being.

Don't even get me started on the way its all being reported. So for the first time in my life I'm going to strike. If I don't, I feel that it will be seen as passively accepting what is being put forward. I don't accept it and so I will stand up and be counted....

No comments:

Post a Comment