Friday 12 November 2010

Spin, spin, spin…. or not….

Well I’m starting to understand why so many people spin.  Even given my very basic novice skills I can feel how therapeutic this can be.  I’ll be honest and say the yarn is pretty ropey.  This is I’m sure to be expected.  However, I’ve plied some and we’ll see how it knits up.

Unfortunately the flyer has just snapped.  I suspect it must have been knocked in transit or something. It appeared fine when it arrived and I have done some spinning on it without problem.  However I finished the merino I was using and plied it so decided to get out one of the other little packets of fibre yumminess and start on that.  After a hard day at work I was finding it very relaxing. So out came a packet of Shetland fibre.

I drafted some of it and got myself comfy ready to start on the wheel again.  That's when it went pear shaped.  I tried in vain to tape it up but I knew it wasn’t going to work.  It didn’t.

So it’s the internet to the rescue….  Fortunately given this is a modern wheel I can buy a replacement.  But the bug has bitten and I’m not looking forward to having to wait for it to arrive in the post. Oh well, such is life……

Scotland0029

While surfing for a replacement flyer I decided to change my desktop background and chose this image.  I took it on holiday last summer and it’s one of my favourite shots of recent years.

No comments:

Post a Comment