Monday 30 May 2011

My First Airshow

A little while ago I mentioned that I’d never been to an air show.  So Mr B suggested we visit the Southend-on-Sea Air Show which was on this past weekend.

SEonSea-001

Saturday was a little miserable weather wise, but Sunday made up for it.  We walked along the beach with the dogs who enjoyed playing chicken with the waves.  I got a couple of shots of Jake in the water and the look of surprise and joy as the waves tumbled over him was priceless. 

The highlight however, was without a doubt seeing the Red Arrows.

SEonSea-003

They really were amazing.  I’ve seen them on TV in the past but nothing prepares you for the real thing.  I’ll post some more shots of them soon, but right now I’m off to soak in the bath after a long but fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment