Sunday 8 May 2011

Frating Knitting Day

Every few months there is a local knitting get together at one of the local village halls.  People go along, eat cake, knit, eat cake, drink tea and eat cake.  It’s a very relaxed affair and something I look forward to.  Unfortunately I missed the last one due to that nasty flu earlier this year, so I was determined to make it this time.

frating-1

I also wanted to take some of my yarn and Ann (from thestashbox) was wondering about some of her new sock designs.  Given how much I love her designs and many of her samples have been knitted up in my yarn, we decided to display them all together.

frating-2

For my part I was genuinely shocked how little yarn I had in my stock/stash boxes.  I really need to get some more stuff dyed!  However I picked a few out to make up a basket for the table showing a variety of different yarn bases and colourways.

Anyway a good time was had, there was much laughter, tea and cake…… Another lovely knitting day out.

(p.s. did I mention all the cake?)

No comments:

Post a Comment