Thursday 12 May 2011

And now for something a little different…

Remember my trip to Cambridge Botanic Garden?  While there I came across this little brick hut.  I’m not sure what it’s for, probably something mundane like hiding unsightly power supplies or something, but it looked so pretty I just had to photograph it.  However, something was bothering me.  It just wasn’t quite right and it took me a while to work out what it was.

CUBG-2011-26BW

This fairy tale hut in the woods with it’s ivy, weather worn woodwork and peeling paint belonged in an old black and white movie.  Perhaps a silver screen version of a tale from the Brothers Grim, complete with over the top acting and the dialogue popping up for everyone to read.  The heroine blissfully wandering through the peaceful woods with a flowing cloak and basket, unaware of the impending danger. 

Of course now I’m trying to work out if the hut is her refuge or part of her doom……

No comments:

Post a Comment