Saturday 2 October 2010

A little Treat......

Well it was pay day this week so I decided to treat myself.  I'm sure for many women this would mean shoes, make-up, a night on the town.....  Nope I've booked myself on a coach trip to Ally Pally and bough a couple of balls of yarn.  Last of the big spenders eh!

I also took a trip over to picturesque Lavenham in Suffolk.  I've heard a lot about this place, not least because they have a renounded Spinners Guild.  Unfortunately I wasn't there for spinning but it was a lovely place to have a look round.


Lavenham was very prosperous in the 15th and 16th centuries thanks to the wool trade.  It would have been nice to have had a bit more of a look round but unfortunately they weather wasn't that great and I had things to do.

It's been a long week and I'm now looking forward to my armchair upstairs and some knitting ;-)  Perhaps tomorrow I'll have the energy to block my mams shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment