Saturday 18 December 2010

Hanuri Shawl

A little while ago I started my second shawl.  My first was a gift which I gave to my mother for Christmas (even though I gave it to her in October).

The second is the Hanuri Shawl by Emily Ross which I found on Ravelry.  This is a lovely knit and I have to admit I’m finding it much more enjoyable than the shawl I made my mother.  I’m not sure why but I’m not going to argue the point.

Hunari-Shawl-1

The pattern is really clear and contains both written instructions and charts.  I’m most of the way through the first section.

Hunari-Shawl-2

I tried to stretch it out to photograph on my desk but I don’t think I was very successful.  Can’t wait to see it blocked.

That said I’m also starting to get the desire to sew again.  Do you find your crafting mojo moves through your different crafts?  Recently I’ve started to yearn to get my sewing machine out again.  Now I just need to build up the energy to clear my sewing table off. . . . .

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Definitely! I really want to get started on that blouse over the holiday. The problem with sewing is it requires more time (or at least, larger chunks of time) and space than knitting.

    ReplyDelete