Sunday 19 June 2011

Retail Therapy

back-to-nature-batik-1Well I mentioned that when I visited Nicola yesterday and we indulged in some retail therapy which I thought I’d share.  To be fair we both went with a ‘shopping list’ and stuck to it so it was only a little indulgent.

I wanted some of that beautiful red batik fabric with the chrysanthemum pattern on I used for my mothers craft roll.  I simply fell it love with it and wanted some for myself.  I’m sure it should be illegal to love a fabric as much as this…

batik-crysanth

I also love chrysanthemums, they are one of my all time favourite flowers and their smell brings back so many happy memories. Unfortunately I’m not able to grow them to the standard my grandfather did.  Maybe one day I’ll work out his secret.

Add into the mix I’ve been hankering after a new work bag, something floppy with a shoulder strap, it’s no surprise that the idea of using this fabric grew in my mind.

I also bought a bundle of 6 fat quarters from the Back to Nature range.  That’s them on the left with my chrysant fabric behind.  I think they are also destined for bag making.  Exactly what pattern I’m going to use isn’t yet decided (although Best of Friends by Lynette Anderson is a front runner).

Of course there is plenty of fabric there to make a few bags so I don’t need to fret about the decision to much.  Besides I can always go back and buy more hehe……

No comments:

Post a Comment